You’ll never re-watch The Amanda Show again after you find out how it was filmed.

Dan Schneider’s response.

In 2018, Schneider’s tenure at Nickelodeon ended suddenly. 

In a news report about the exit, Deadline reported that it had heard “multiple complaints of abusive behaviour against Schneider filed by members of his staff.” It also noted that, “for years, Schneider had been under a cloud of suspicion over the treatment of some younger stars of his shows”.

Following the release of the new documentary and its many allegations, Schneider issued a series of statements, and has also done a sit-down 19-minute YouTube interview. In the video, Schneider is interviewed by former iCarly actor BooG!e, and they categorically go through all the allegations made.

“Watching over the past two nights was very difficult, me facing my past behaviours, some of which are embarrassing and that I regret. I definitely owe some people a pretty strong apology,” he said. 

“In the writers’ room, there’s no doubt that sometimes those jokes went beyond the pale and I said things that went too far or made practical jokes that went too far. That was wrong, and that was because I was an inexperienced producer and I was immature. It wouldn’t happen today, I’m just really sorry it happened.”

This article was originally published on March 20, 2024 and has since been updated with new information.

If this brings up any issues for you, contact Bravehearts, an organisation dedicated to the prevention and treatment of child sexual abuse, on 1800 272 831.

Feature Image: Nickelodeon.